Individual membership is open to those with a scholarly or professional interest in Asua and who share the objectives of the Society.
Associate membership is open to students in New Zealand educational institutions who have a scholarly interest in Asia.
Corporate membership is open to organisation that share the objectives of the Society.
Membership covers any number of individuals, but organisations are asked to nominate contact Person(s). the corporate subscription is kept low to encourage membership opf schools, etc., but organisations with significant resources are asked to make donations as sponsors.
If you wish to join the Society, please fill out our membership form and send it with the appropriate subscription to the Treasurer.
Department of Political Science, University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800,
Introduction to the NZASIA Society NZASIA Objectives
- The objectives of the Society are as follows:
- To contribute to the knowledge and understanding of Asian polities, societies and civilisations by fostering research by its members or others, through the holding of conferences and scientific meetings, through publications, periodicals and the like, through subsidising research and travel, and in any other ways howsoever.
- To disseminate knowledge of Asian polities, societies and civilisations in New Zealand by holding meetings and/or conferences, sponsoring publications, and establishing links amongst specialists in these fields and other educational, cultural and governmental institutions and their members, and amongst such specialists and news media.
- To establish and maintain contacts with Societies of similar or related interests in Asia, Australia, America, Europe and elsewhere, by affiliation or otherwise.
- Holding of seminars and conferences
- Issuing of a Newsletter and occasional publications
- Offering of advice on curricula matters
- Updating of the New Zealand Asian Studies Directory
- Asian Studies Association of Australia
- Chinese Studies Association of Australia
- Japanese Studies Association of Australia
- Korean Studies Association of Australia
- Association for Asian Studies (North America)
- International Association for Asian Studies (Europe)